Santa was generous… but now your house is cluttered. Let PAMOM help you purge! This month we’re hosting a “Swap ‘Til You Drop” meeting. We encourage you to bring any unwanted new or gently new items (anything from an unused box of diapers to barely worn jeans or a duplicate Christmas gift) to the meeting. We’ll set out all the items and you can swap for things you need.
Don’t have anything to contribute? Come anyway and take what you need home. Many of your fellow moms of multiples would prefer to pass on items to you rather than just let them sit in a closet. Have stuff you just want to donate? We’ve got you covered there too. We will have a designated “To Donate” table for things that you want to get rid of that may not be swap-worthy. All items still on the tables at the end of the night will be donated to a local charity.
We’ll play some games and take some time to socialize. There will also be a few chances for people to win VIP passes for the swap tables. But remember… the goal of this meeting is to purge, have fun and help other MOMs. Don’t bring anything that you aren’t willing to donate at the end of the night and try to go home with a little less than you started with. Hopefully you’ll also find something “new to you” that’s perfect for your family.
Bad Gift Roulette:
- Swappable items should be in new, gently used or good condition. Anything else can be placed on a donation table.
- Please wash or clean your items before the meeting.
- Put all pieces that belong to a set in ziplock bag and/or secure them to your item.
- If your item needs an explanation (size, model number, note about missing parts, etc.), write a short description on a notecard and attach it to your item before the meeting.
- A few lucky members will win VIP passes for early swapping.
- During the first round of swapping, members will be asked to pick just one item from the tables to give all members a chance to take home an item.
- After the first round, members will be allowed to swap ‘til they drop!
- There is no limit on the amount of items you bring or take home. You do not have to bring an item to take one home.
- Members can take items from the donation table if they choose, with the understanding that donation items may be in fair or poor condition.
- At the end of the night, all items left on the tables will be donated to charity. If an item you brought to the meeting is still on the table at the end of the night, you are welcome to take it back home.
One of the games we’ll play during the meeting makes use of all those awful white elephant and ridiculous gag gifts you ended up with after Christmas. If you’d like to play, bring one wrapped gift to the meeting. All the gifts will go onto a table with a few hidden cash prizes!! When we draw your name, you pick a gift to unwrap. You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit! If you’re lucky, you’ll win the money.
- 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM - Dinner & Socializing
- 7:00 PM - 7:45 PM - Forums
- 7:45 PM - 8:00 PM - Announcements
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM - General Meeting
Breastfeeding Multiples - We have an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant coming to answer all your breastfeeding and lactation questions!
Sleeping Through the Night- Hilliary Giglio from Tranquil Beginnings will be sharing her most popular sleep talk “3 Steps to Getting Your Child (and YOU) Sleeping Through the Night!"
Kids and Social Media - Dr. Cynthia Webb from Pediatric Associates of Dallas has years of medical experience as well as grown twin daughters (plus their older brother). She enjoys partnering with parents to help them raise happy, healthy and confident children.
Lazy Dog sandwiches, chips & dessert
Spotlight VendorsPediatric Associates of Dallas/Plano
Simplify with Steph